- Testing Center Home
- Testing Center Policies
- Testing Programs
- Career Interest Inventories
- Castle Worldwide, Inc
- College Level Examination Program
- ETS Proficiency Profile
- Graduate Management Admissions Test
- Graduate Record Examination
- Iso-Quality Testing, Inc
- Major Field Test
- Miller Analogies Test
- Missouri General Education Assessment
- Missouri S&T Math Placement Tests
- NCEES - Fundamentals of Engineering and Fundamentals of Surveying
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Distance/Online Education Test Services
- Testing Fees
- Testing Tips
- Campus Resources
- Contact Information and Directions
- Assessment Data
NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) and Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exams
Purpose: The Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is typically the first step in the process leading to the P.E. license. It is designed for recent graduates and students who are close to finishing an undergraduate engineering degree. The exam is administered by the Testing Center on campus in Norwood Hall.
The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) is the national nonprofit organization that develops, administers and scores the examinations used for engineering and surveying licensure in the United States.
When: The FE can be taken any time of the year. The Testing Windows for the FE are – January – March, April – June, July – September, October – December. Candidates will not be permitted to test twice within the same testing window (the testing window begins with the examinees original approval date). For example, if a student takes the FE in February, the student would not be able to register to retake the FE in March and would have to wait until the April – June window. Candidates will not be able to test more than three times in a 12 month period (this also begins on the original approval date).
Plan to be at a testing location for 6 1/2 hours. This will include check in, tutorial, breaks, the exam and a brief survey at the conclusion.
The FE is available to be taken at our Testing Center Monday-Friday, along with some Saturdays, during each testing window.
The FE will be administered during the following Saturdays:
January 27 April 21
February 10 April 28
February 24 May 5
Candidates can schedule and register for the FE Exam by:
- Logging into MyNCEES (http://ncees.org)
- Calling the NCEES registration number call center at 1-888-866-8766 (toll free)
For questions, you may phone the call center Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Central Standard Time. There is a $10 fee for candidates who schedule through the Pearson VUE Call Center.
To register online for the computer-based FE and FS exams, visit the NCEES website.
Go to Log into MyNCEES. If you do not have an account, you need to create one.
How to Create a MyNCEES Account:
- Create a username
- Create a password that is at least 7 characters which will include 1 number, 1 uppercase letter and 1 lowercase letter
- Provide an email address
- Enter your last name – this must match the government issued ID that will be used to check in at an exam site (examples are state issued ID, Driver’s license, Passport, Military ID) Missouri S&T student ID’s are NOT acceptable.
After providing this information, you will receive an email directing you to activate your account.
Click on the link and go to My Dashboard
Select MY Exams > Register Now
Provide a main mailing address, phone numbers/emails and emergency contact (all of this is required).
Complete My Education, inserting the degree you are working toward with a beginning and graduation date.
Select the appropriate Licensing Board –drop down menu for Missouri
Select the FE exam you wish to take – selections are:
- FE Chemical
- FE Civil
- FE Electrical
- FE Environmental
- FE Industrial
- FE Mechanical
- FE Other Disciplines
You will answer a question regarding Special Accommodations (ADA/504). You will be given a link with information regarding how to request special accommodations. Based on the information you provide, the Pearson VUE Accommodations Team will determine the candidate’s accommodations and make arrangements with test sites.
You will be given an opportunity to purchase practice exams. By purchasing at the time of registration there is a 10% discount.
Practice Exams are $49.95
FE Reference Handbooks are $13.95
You will then proceed to checkout and pay the $175 testing fee, along with any other purchases made at that time. Test site selection is not available until the test fee is paid.
If you have questions, an online Chat feature is available on every screen.
Test Format – The FE and FS exams are administered through Pearson VUE
Study Guides – For study materials, please visit:
Also, download a free copy of the NCEES FE Supplied-Reference Handbook.
- Economics Review.pdf
- Electric Circuits and Mechanics of Materials.pdf
- Electricity and Magnetism Review.pptx
- Mechanics of Materials Review
Accommodations – Please visit: http://ncees.org/exams/special-accommodations/
Candidates can request the accommodations listed below. Candidates must submit these requests to Pearson VUE, and all requests must be approved before the exam appointment.
- Time and a half (exam + 50%)
- Double time (exam + 100%)
- Separate room
- Reader and separate room
- Reader and separate room and +30 minutes