- Testing Forms
- Testing Programs
- Career Interest Inventories
- Castle Worldwide, Inc
- College Level Examination Program
- Distance/Online Education Testing
- ETS Proficiency Profile
- Graduate Management Admissions Test
- Graduate Record Examination
- Iso-Quality Testing, Inc
- Major Field Test
- Miller Analogies Test
- Missouri General Education Assessment
- Missouri S&T Math Placement Tests
- NCEES - Fundamentals of Engineering and Fundamentals of Surveying
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Testing Fees
- Testing Tips
- Contact Us
- Assessment Data
- Related Resources
Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
Purpose: Candidates seeking entry into a Missouri educator preparation program must pass the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA). This assessment is composed of four subtests:
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation
- Science & Social Studies
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has implemented a testing policy whereby:
- Candidates may register to take each subtest independently.
- Candidates have one opportunity to register to take all five subtests in one test session.
- Candidates must pass all four subtests within 2 years of the first attempt at the first subtest, and candidates may not exceed 5 attempts per subtest.
When: The MoGEA will be administered on the following dates during 2018:
|Saturday, January 27||Saturday, May 5|
|Monday, January 29||Monday, May 14|
|Saturday, February 17|
|Monday, February 19|
|Monday, February 26|
|Saturday, March 3|
|Monday, March 19|
|Monday, March 26|
|Monday, April 16|
|Saturday, April 21|
|Monday, April 23|
For more information on the new version of the MoGEA, please visit: http://www.mo.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/MO066_TestPage.html
Registration and Additional Information: Candidates must register at least SEVEN days in advance of the test date. Candidates will be required to pay Evaluation Systems directly for all exam related fees ($49 for all four subtests, $25 for a single subtest) by Mastercard or Visa.
Additionally a separate Sitting Fee of $10 for up to two subtests, $20 for up to three subtests, and $25 for all 4 subtests is due upon the day a candidate reports for testing. Payment options are cash, check or money order (later two options are made payable to Missouri S&T). At this time credit and/or debit cards are not accepted. If you are a Missouri S&T student, please contact the Testing Center regarding an additional payment option.
Candidates planning to take all four subtests should plan to be in a Testing Center for 4 1/2 hours. Candidates taking a single subtest should plan to be in a Testing Center for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
Follow the link to the Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA) for more information, test preparation materials and/or to register. Customer support for examinee questions is available by calling Evaluation Systems, at 413-256-2891 or 1-800-215-0904, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm (EST)
Accommodations: In order to be approved for alternative testing arrangements due to a medical or cognitive disability, candidates must do the following:
- Declare their intent to request alternative arrangements when registering and before scheduling their appointment.
- Complete and submit the Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form (available at www.mo.nesinc.com) along with the required documentation.